If you are hurt at work:
- Report the incident to your employer. Keep a copy of the report.
- Get the names, addresses, and phone numbers of all witnesses to the incident.
- Seek medical attention. You have the right to see the doctor of your choice.
- Keep copies of all bills, medical records, prescription receipts and other documents evidencing losses or expenses.
The law differs between Rhode Island and Massachusetts. The compensation and entitlements which you may receive are based upon the state in which you were employed. Benefits may include:
- weekly compensation
- medical treatment that is necessary, reasonable and causally related to your injury
- compensation for scarring and loss of use, if appropriate
- vocational rehabilitation if you have a permanent disability
Under some circumstances in RI, you may have the right to be reinstated to your job.
For over 20 years Anne M. D'Errico has helped injured workers in RI and MA obtain their full benefits under the law.
Contact Anne M. D'Errico, Attorney at Law
This site and any information contained herein are intended for informational purposes only and should not be construed as legal advice.
Seek competent legal counsel for advice on any legal matter.